06 Feb A Closer Look at By-Pass Oil Filtration
By-Passed oil filtration features a secondary oil filter with the purpose of eliminating nearly all contaminants from the engine oil. By-pass oil filters have high capacities and eliminate much smaller particles than full flow filters. They reduce engine wear and increase oil volume, but their high efficiencies mean they also have higher restrictions and must be used in conjunction with the full-flow filter.
How it Works
By-pass oil filters operate by filtering oil on a “partial flow” basis. They draw approximately 10% of the oil pump’s capacity at any one time and trap extremely small, wear causing contaminants that full flow filters can’t remove By-passed filters have a high pressure differential, causing the oil to flow through them very slowly and allowing for the removal of small contaminants, including soot. It is called by-pass filtration because the oil flows from the bypass filter back to the sump, bypassing the engine. This continual process eventually makes all the oil analytically clean, reduces long-term wear and can extend oil drain intervals.
Amsoil Bypass Filtration Benefits
- Significantly extends engine life – The majority of engine wear is caused by particles in the 5 – 20 micron range. Amsoil EA bypass filters effectively remove contaminants down to 2 microns, engines receive the ultimate wear protection. Less engine wear keeps the engine in better condition, extending its life.
- Efficient Small Particle and Soot Removal – The high-efficiency EA bypass filter element is 98.7% effective over particles down to 2 microns, helping extend engine life. It is also very effective soot removal device.
- Reduced maintenance costs – Amsoil bypass systems provide a dramatic increase in engine protection, helping avoid costly repairs associated with engine wear.
- Improves oil cooling – By installing an additional oil filter, the engine system has the capacity to hold more oil. With increased oil capacity, the oil filtration system contains more fluid for which it can disperse heat from the engine. This allows the engine and the oil to run cooler.
- Extended drain intervals – EA bypass filters can help users extend their oil drain intervals. Make sure to use oil analysis when extending oil drain intervals.
Outstanding Protection at an Affordable Price
Customers receive premium quality bypass filtration an affordable price.
Competing single remote bypass systems designed for Ford, GM and RAM turbo-diesel’s vehicles range in price from $250 to more than $700. Most Amsoil single remote and dual remote bypass systems carry an MSRP below the market average.
Competing heavy-duty bypass systems range from $650 to $850. The premium quality Amsoil Heavy Duty bypass system and dual Gard bypass system have MSRP almost half the market average.
Amsoil offers complete bypass systems for certain popular applications that include all components necessary for installation including parts, close, filters and installation instructions.
We offer universal bypass systems that can be customized with different additional thoughts to fit easy applications.
Amsoil bypass oil filtration systems are relatively easy to install and easy to maintain. Do-it-yourself installation instructions are provided.
Amsoil bypass systems and EA bypass filters are built tough to withstand the most severe operating conditions.
Amsoil By-Pass Systems benefits the following vehicles:
- Over the Road Trucks
- Heavy Equipment
- Farm Equipment
- Turbo-diesel Pickups
Contact Dave Consalvo to learn more about by-pass oil filtration and to find out which products are right for you.